Al (SHe/Her) & Pat (He/Him)
Table of Contents
- 1 Everything you need to know about getting married at The Drake Devonshire in Prince Edward County
- 2 Host your Wedding or Elopement at The Drake Devonshire – Fees & Capacity
- 3 Host your Wedding at The Drake Devonshire – Ceremony & Reception Sites
- 4 Why The Drake Devonshire is a unique venue for your wedding:
- 5 Featured Drake Devonshire Weddings and Elopements
Everything you need to know about getting married at The Drake Devonshire in Prince Edward County
Why we love to photograph weddings at The Drake Devonshire
Design & Food
Our couples who get married at The Drake Devonshire love the design aesthetic and incredible food.
Ceremony & Reception Locations
The Drake Devonshire offers several different options for your wedding ceremony and reception based on the size of your party and your vision for your gathering, from an elopement with just the two of you on the owner’s suite balcony to a gathering for 50 with a seated meal service in the Dining Room.
The location options for portraits (couple’s portraits, family formals, wedding party) are endless, with a mixture of funky wallpapers and backdrops to the natural landscape of the beach/lake and creekside spaces. We will consult on your timeline to ensure you have plenty of time to get the photos you want, and to enjoy your wedding experience.
When you get married at The Drake Devonshire you can do everything on site; stay at the Inn, have a slow breakfast and a jump in the lake to wake up in the morning, get ready, host your wedding and reception and then retire to your suite for your first night as a married couple.
Host your Wedding or Elopement at The Drake Devonshire – Fees & Capacity
Estimated Price per Person | $25 – $200;
Room Rental Fee | None
Catering & Bar Minimum Spend is calculated based on day of the week / number of hours you will have the space exclusively.
Number of room bookings required based on day of the week/ space you book.
Additional Insurance Required | No
Host your Wedding at The Drake Devonshire – Ceremony & Reception Sites
The Owner’s Suite Elopement Cermony
A-frame luxury suite with lake-view balcony
Capacity | ~ 10 ceremony
View | Lake front
Perfect for an intimate elopement with the option of being indoors or outdoors based on the weather. Have a sunrise ceremony with a prosecco brunch and The Drake Commissary scones, or a sunset ceremony with dinner in the restaurant to follow.
The Glass Box Wedding Ceremony & Reception
Floor to ceiling glass and views of Lane Creek
Capacity | 30 plated meal with set menu
View | Creekside
Perfect for an intimate wedding ceremony and reception. With the Glass Box you have the option to have your ceremony outdoors, or indoors, and you have exclusive use of the Creekside outdoor space (so beautiful for cocktail hour candids and sunset portraits).
The Pavillion Wedding Ceremony & Reception
A-frame barn space, fully heated and available year round
Capacity | 45 plated meal with set menu
View | Lake front
Perfect for intimate weddings, a bit larger and more secluded than the Glass Box. Exclusive use of the Pavillion patio and outdoor space for your wedding.
Dining Room Wedding Reception
A-frame space cantilevered over the creek
Capacity | 50 plated meal with set menu
View | Lake front
Perfect for small weddings. Bright, beautiful space with stunning panoramic views of the lake. Arguably the iconic space of The Drake Devonshire (well, other than the Owner’s Suite).
Lake Front Wedding Ceremony
Outdoor, right on Lake Ontario
Capacity | 60 for seated ceremony on the bleachers
Perfect for a lakefront ceremony with bar on-site. Your guests will watch from the bleachers as you marry your person, with the waves crashing in the background.
Why The Drake Devonshire is a unique venue for your wedding:
- Not your average wedding meal. The Drake prides itself on delivering the best that The County has to offer in terms of seasonal ingredients and Drake favourites.
- You can dress it up or dress it down – however you prefer. Go all out and bring in a wedding planner, florist, tablescapes to make your vision come to life OR keep it simple and embrace the bold architecture and vibrant colors of the Drake itself.
- Get ready, and stay on-site. This is such a dream for weddings of all sizes. You can have the all-inclusive practicality of a typical hotel wedding, with none of the typical hotel wedding feels.
Featured Drake Devonshire Weddings and Elopements
The Drake Devonshire
24 Wharf St. Wellington, ON
By Phone | 613.399.3338
If you’re looking for more information on Prince Edward County Wedding Venues check out this post where we tell you about the Top 20+ Venues in the County.